RED-Alert Project Final Conference; 29 September 2020
On September 29, 2020 the RED-Alert project held its Final Conference on Zoom (due to Covid-19). The conference presented the project results with focus on the tool.
The attendees of the conference included not only all project partners, but also EU officials and other user oriented stakeholders, including participants of similar security projects.
The conference agenda included:
- Opening remarks and project general presentation (SIMAVI).
- The terrorism threat (ICT)
- The RED-Alert tool – technological presentation (INSIKT)
- The LEAs needs and the use of the RED-Alert tool (SPP)
- Demo movie (SIMAVI)
- Q&A (SIMAVI)
- Conclusions and Opportunities beyond RED-Alert project (SIMAVI)
Watch the full conference HERE
RED Alert is a Real-time Early Detection and Alert System for Online Terrorist Content based on Natural Language Processing, Social Network Analysis, Artificial Intelligence and Complex Event Processing.
The project brought together the best of European research and innovation experts with a consortium of 15 organisations – including ourselves, INSIKT Intelligence, and European Law Enforcement Agencies (LEAs) supported by Europol’s counter-terrorism unit.
WHAT WERE THE PROJECT’S OBJECTIVES?
- Improve available building blocks (NLP, SNA, CEP) and combine them with artificial intelligence (AI) in order to support the language, usability and privacy-preserving requirements of the RED-Alert solution
- Integrate all building blocks (NLP, SNA, CEP) in a holistic solution with real-time collaborative capabilities and create a baseline system (development environment) for current and future use
- Involve law enforcement agencies in the specification and the demonstration of the RED-Alert solution
- Disseminate the project results in the scientific and law enforcement communities, prepare the exploitation of the RED-Alert solution and its individual modules
WHO WERE THE LEA PILOTS INVOLVED?
There were five Law Enforcement Agencies involved with this project; these were the Special Operations (SO15) Counter-Terrorist Command, Serviciul de Protecție și Pază (SPP), Ministry of Public Security Israel National Police (MOPS INP), Guardia Civil (GUCI) and Serviciul de Protectie si Plaza de Stat (SPPS). For more information on each of this LEAs and their involvement visit the RED-Alert website.
RED-Alert is a European Union (EU) research and innovation project as part of the Horizon 2020 programme funded under grant agreement No 740688.
For more information on this project please contact us at email@example.com.